- Canada Bread Company, Limited has successfully ratified the Collective Bargaining Agreement with the Syndicat des Travailleuses et Travailleurs de Distribution Multi-Marques (CSN), which represents associates who work in our Distribution Centre in Laval, Quebec who were locked out on April 1, 2017.
- The company reached an agreement with the unanimous endorsement of the CSN bargaining team on April 27, with an overwhelming majority of our associates voting to accept it.
- All monetary and non-monetary items within the Collective Bargaining Agreement have been successfully resolved, including matters of critical importance to the long-term viability of the Distribution Centre.
- The company will ramp up to normal operations within 14 days, during which time the company will gradually bring associates back to work.
- Canada Bread is very glad that our Laval Distribution Centre associates will be coming back to work.
- Canada Bread Company, Limited, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Grupo Bimbo since May 2014, is a leading producer and distributor of packaged fresh bread and distribution centre products with brands such as Dempster’s®, Villaggio®, POM®, Bon Matin®, Ben’s®, McGavins® and Vachon®.
- For more information: Sylvia Sicuso, Canada Bread, 416-626-4316.
Media Hotline: (416) 626-4316
Monday to Friday between
9 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST.